Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Update

We went to our Doctor appointment today hoping for good news. We got some too! I am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. The doctor did a little stripping of the membranes which thins out the lining between the uterus and the baby's head (which is now thankfully LOCKED in place). The procedure she did will induce contractions and if Reese is ready, she'll be coming out very soon. If not... then I will just have some additional pains to deal with.

They talked about inducing but John and I decided we are not ready to make that choice yet. We want her to come as naturally as possible without any medication to help us out. They will discuss the possibility more with us next Thursday if we make it that far. As long as Reese and I are healthy they will be okay not to force the induction.

John and I are super excited and anxious to meet this little girl. My friend Joan had her baby yesterday and she is so sweet and cuddly. I got to hold her this afternoon and cannot imagine how it is going to feel when it is MY baby I am loving on.

Please continue to pray for us to have a safe and healthy delivery.

2 comments:

Katie said...

YAY happy for the good news and sounds like you made a great decision! can't wait!

The Partin Family said...

Not too much longer! I know you can't wait! We are praying for you!